Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for Editorial Services by Per Se Editing, Inc. (“Editor”)
• Estimates of Editor’s fee are based on review of the manuscript/document in its entirety.
• In order to secure a reserved slot on Editor’s schedule, a $100 deposit is required. The deposit will become nonrefundable one month prior to the scheduled slot if said slot has not been released. If not refunded, the deposit will be credited toward work done on Client’s project.
• If the manuscript/document is not received by Editor by the date agreed upon, the deadline for return of the document is subject to change as allowed by Editor’s schedule.
• If a project is cancelled by Client while editing is in progress, Client is responsible for payment for those portions of the manuscript already edited, whether or not Client chooses to make use of the edits.
• No refunds will be given for work that has been performed by Editor.
• While Editor strives to correct every error, Editor cannot guarantee that returned documents are free of all errors. Editor cannot guarantee acceptance of edited documents for publication or review.
• Client agrees not to make changes to the manuscript/document while it is under revision by Editor.
• Until charges for editorial services are paid in full, Editor retains the copyright in Editor’s edits and comments.
• Client agrees that the stated author is the original author of works submitted for editing, and holds all rights in said works, unless otherwise stated. Editor is not responsible for obtaining permission to use any quoted or reprinted material.
• Payment for Editor’s services is due as of the date of the invoice. A late fee equal to five percent (5%) of the original invoice amount will be added monthly to invoices that remain unpaid more than thirty (30) days after the date of the invoice.